Inks, Paints and Stains
When you read a newspaper or magazine, you touch the benefits of Gilsonite®. The majority of the newspapers printed in the U.S., Europe, Japan and other locations throughout the world rely on Gilsonite® to make the “no rub” inks their readers demand. The jet black in many heatset printed magazines and high-quality publications simply would not be possible without the excellent carbon black dispersion properties of Gilsonite®.
Gilsonite® delivers economic performance too. It is more cost-effective than hydrocarbon and phenolic resins. For premium performance, you can rely on Gilsonite® to be Naturally Better®.
- Superior binding properties for rub-resistant high-performance inks
- Unique properties make it an excellent agent for carbon black dispersion
- Cost-effective alternative ink additive to hydrocarbon resins, phenolic resins and metal resonates
PAINTS AND STAINS
Because of the unique properties of Gilsonite® uintaite, it gives paint an excellent bond to almost any material that needs to be protected from the elements. It is a critical high-performance, low-cost paint additive for anticorrosive paints, underbody paints and pipe coatings.
The superior performance of Gilsonite® means you can find it in the majority of wood stains produced in the U.S. In this application, the unique properties of Gilsonite® make it both a binder to protect the wood, and a pigment that gives a deep, rich color that won’t fade over time. Gilsonite® additive is Naturally Better® and you just can’t get this performance with any other material – natural or synthetic.
- Superior binding properties for many materials
- UV light stability
- Fade-resistant transparent pigment gives a deep, rich color to wood stains
- Gilsonite® Selects 325
- Gilsonite® Selects 347